Sunday, April 21, 2013

My first Art Vernissage (+ Newspaper clipping)

********************************************************************************
Wow, what a turn out! The graduating art class presented their art works in a small local museum in Dreieich on Thursday, 21. March, 2013 and we were so thrilled of how many people turned up. Everybody had their own corner where they presented their art projects. All of the art pieces you saw in my previous post were in the museum like the sculpture collection and the mountains. I had mixed feelings, because what if people would not come to my corner and make me feel awkward all alone or worse not like what I have done. Luckily my concerns were all banished when so many found interest in my art and wanted to find out more about me, my journey with the pieces and what I tried to convey in them. With the Vernissage coming to an end, I talked so much that I felt I was loosing my voice! Choosing the path of being an artist, I know will not be easy, but given this unique chance of proving yourself as a young artist into the public was very exciting.
********************************************************************************
Here is the newspaper clipping about our opening night:
(Note: This newspaper article is in German, however if you want a brief summary in English I could translate it if requested.)


No comments:

Post a Comment